T-Logic - Architeuthis T-Logic - Architeuthis

This song comes across quite like a collection of random patterns over a house beat. There is no real progression, and the melodies are a bit boring and very inconsistent with the rest of the notes being played, which to me, makes it feel quite arbitrary. As if rather than utilising atonality as a technique, it was just a collection of random notes thrown together that dont strictly clash, but certainly don't compliment eachother either. It might be a good idea to broaden your horizons musically, and look in to composition and tonality, so as to avoid making stuff that just follows pre-existing blueprints for vague, generic, four to the floor electro. The mixing isn't bad, if a little bit sterile, but again the sounds don't really compliment each other particularly, they just coexist and it sounds like it was mixed by going through a checklist of things you needed to do, rather than because it was necessary. Almost like the first draft, default mix you get back from an engineer after a session before you start shaping it into what you really want.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks for the review! I understand your criticisms about the progression and atonality. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "sterile" mixing, but I certainly identify with the "mixing checklist" thing you mentioned. XD I'll try to create something more tonal...sometime, haha! Thanks again for stopping by. ;)

home home

I very much enjoyed the levels of wonk and swagger this song brings.
The only very small criticism I have is the skanks. They are just a little bit too obtrusive. Everything else is nice and working together, but the skanks come in like a stab to the ears. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

devknob responds:

those filthy fucking skanks. thanks for the feedback

Road to Devastation Road to Devastation

very cool. i love the piano line twinkling away, you have some really nice melodies in there.
I kind of agree with the other review, In that I felt like I was expecting a big fat bassy drop around the 2:05 mark, but other than that though, dope track.

Evilgrapez responds:

The piano twinkling away was actually an accident where I accidentally placed two piano melodies at the same time in the song. I didn't realize it until I saved the song, but hey, it turned out for the better! :D

Virus Virus

B-Boys! B-Boys!
wheres my linoleum at?

Point Of No Return Point Of No Return

This is dope and filthy.
And water drops! thanks for the tip...

MutualCore responds:

It's a fun little recipe :p

Murder - xSioDH Murder - xSioDH

Loving the groove to this.

Everlasting Love Everlasting Love

You couldn't have gotten much closer to that airy kind of weddingy feeling of happiness i suppose. Congratulations.
As far as VSTs go, have you thought about using Native instruments Kontakt? You can get some really good orchestral sound packs for it. They can be a bit fiddly if you want loads of different articulations going on, but they sound good.

nice one.